Pregnancy is the most joyful time of a woman’s life. It is a time when you are brimming with hope and excitement. However, the anticipation for little one can be unnerving—thanks to the plethora of hormonal changes. Some days you may feel depressed due to onset of temporary health issues including heartburn, stomach cramps, morning sickness, vomiting and fatigue. It is these days that you need to maintain a positive mindset and stay happy. We spoke to gynecologist and Additional Director Aligarh division Dr. Manju Malik about the importance of staying happy and positive during pregnancy. She says happiness is secret to healthy pregnancy.
Your mindset during the pregnancy affects the growth and development of the fetus,she says. If you stay happy the child inside your body will imbibe the same which directly affects his or her growth. It is vital to get support of your loved ones and to be pampered. However, there are times when you are left alone. Don’t let this dishearten you. Make the most of the time by spending time with yourself. Here are few things you can do to bring a smile on your face:
1. Meditate: Meditation has proven to calm your mind, which ultimately gives you feeling of bliss.
2. Join pregnancy yoga: Yoga uplifts your mood and the blood rush in the body wakes up your happy hormone
3. Take walks in the nature: Try to stay close to nature for everlasting harmony
4. Watch things that make you laugh: It is said you will have a happy child if you spend your pregnancy watching things that make you laugh. Watch funny films or cartoons and laugh your heart out
5. Eat healthy: Eating is directly related to your happiness quotient. Make sure you eat well balanced diet.
6. Don’t care about the weight gain: Gaining weight is important to have a healthy child. So take it positively
7. Listen to music: Music is said to have soothing affect on your brain Make the nine months of pregnancy most memorable, as they will not come back…