Eggs are highly nutritious and should be consumed everyday to get a daily fix of protein, vitamins and minerals. Studies have shown that whole eggs are even more nutritious and if they are enriched with omega-3 then they become the perfect wholesome meal. Lets unravel some unknown health benefits of eggs:
1. Eggs contain Vitamin D- Eggs is one of the rare foods that contain vitamin D which is vital for bone health. 100 gm of eggs contains 21% of Vitamin D.
2. Eggs keep immune system healthy: Eggs contains Vitamin A, B12 and selenium that are important to maintain a healthy immune system.
3. Eggs lowers the risk of heart diseases- Eggs contain Vitamin B-12, riboflavin, Vitamin-D and folate which are associated with lowering the risk of heart diseases. Avoid egg yellow as it has found to have cholesterol in fair amount.
4. Eggs helps you lose weight- Eggs keeps you fuller for a longer time and help minimize the calorie intake.
5. Eggs is one of the best sources of protein- One egg weighing 44gm contains 5.53 gm of protein which are essential building blocks of the body.