Not all heart attacks begin with clear warning signs, almost one-third of
heart attacks manifest with subtle signs and symptoms. There are many
reasons for a chest pain, some of which are temporary while some are fatal.
Here’s how to know if your chest pain is due to heart attack or something
- Pain usually appears during or after exertion or emotional stress.
- Lasts more than 20 minutes.
- Feels like an uncomfortable pressure, squeezing or tightness.
- Rapidly relieved when you stop or reduce exertion.
- Severe pain in a diffuse area on chest
- May radiate to arms, neck, trunk or back.
- Pain accompanied by other symptoms, such as discomfort in other areas of
- May be associated with shortness of breath.
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
- Any chest pain lasting for less than a minute or over days is not a