With the current rage about laser hair treatments, there are many popular misconceptions and less understood facts. Some people have more body hair than others due to their genetic make-up. The uncomfortable excessive body or facial hair is annoying young girls and middle aged women. Waxing, shaving or plucking frequently can be a hassle. Laser hair reduction is a permanent solution to your hair woes. When deciding whether or not a permanent hair solution is for you here’s what you should know.
- Laser hair treatment does not mean complete hair loss of any area, indeed it is hair growth reduction. The cosmetic laser used in these treatments fire a beam of light to kill the hair follicles in your skin. The settings are automated to individual’s skin and hair type. After the course of treatment,there is minimum hair growth and lightening of hair color. Hair becomes so thin, small and light that it is hardly visible.
- Laser hair treatment is not a magic wand. Though significant improvement is seen after the first sitting, it is a continuous process. One can expect the best results after 6 sittings spanning over a period of 4-6 months.
- You can get laser hair treatment on any part of your face or body. Commonly treated areas include arms, under-arms, legs, bikini area, thighs, back and face. Men also enjoy the benefits of laser hair reduction usually on their chest and backs.
- Laser hair treatment is done using a hand held laser device that directs diode laser into the growing hair follicles. This laser targets the skin pigments in the treatment area, melanin rich follicles, to zap the hair roots.
- Laser hair treatment is a painless procedure. You will only feel a light warm sensation for 20 minutes to one hour during the procedure.
Laser hair reduction is a safe and effective procedure ideal for young women with excessive body hair. Talk to your dermatologist for other doubts and queries you have. Don’t forget to ask your doctor about post-treatment precautions.